Chanting magnetises each cell of the body.
It is not a wonder, that the chant remains with one, wherever one goes. It goes on in the background.
We lay down to rest. Eyes are closed.
Chant is going on in the background.
Let it go on?
Alternatively, you could do the exercise of the light.
Imagine a pitch dark cave.
You are in the cave.
The entrance is completely blocked by a boulder.
The boulder has a crack, though, through which white light is coming in.
Whiter than white.
As white as it gets.
And then whiter.
Imagine the crack getting bigger.
More white light comes in.
White light engulfs you.
You are in the white light.
The white light is in you.
Remain in the white light.
Guide it to your aches and pains.
Fall asleep in the white light.
You will be amazed at how fast your body recuperates and then some.
What have you achieved?
You now have something extremely constructive to do between the time that eyes are closed and the time that you fall asleep.
Also, you are simultaneously then not chanting with eyes closed.
- I used to be greedy.
- In school, I was greedy for marks. By college, I had evolved, and didn’t bother about marks too much.
- In finance, I used to be greedy for money. After I had secured my family, this blew over. I got into charitable deeds.
- In spirituality, I used to be greedy for too much progress, too fast.
- This kept repeating.
- A cycle would finish with too much progress too fast leading to harm.
- There would be a no-man’s-land period.
- A fresh cycle would start.
- With Daimoku, a fresh cycle has started.
- Am I greedy for spiritual progress?
- I’ve been beaten down by my greed. It’s not worth it. I realise this now.
- There’s no greed left. It’s been beaten out.
- However, I take what I get.
- When there’s opportunity, I go all out.
- Is this greed?
- Is it opportunism?
- What is it then?
- It’s normal behaviour.
- One takes what one gets and doesn’t bother about anything else.
- That’s what it is.
- Why is this happening like it is?
- One needs to be exposed to digestible quanta. This way there’s consistent growth.
- Nature’s only throwing digestible quanta at me. It is aware of my latent nature and my History.
Can you guide me towards happiness?
Not on what. Depends on you.
Because it’s got to come from inside.
Inside of me?
So how do I get it out?
It’s about attitudes, perception, satisfaction and involvement.
I’d even say engulfment.
Yeah. Being in to your line of activity with heart and soul, such that you have no time to engage in or with any vibration that would stop your happiness from emerging.
So it’s a kind of biochemistry, is it?
On the chemical level, yes. However, your body and mind need to get the groove right, to secrete that kind of biochemistry, again and again and again.
And how’s that to be done?
When you’re into something, you forget about all the negatives, and you get into this zone. That’s when happiness emerges.
So that’s it?
There are some minor details that one could add.
Happiness is infectious. Make others happy. Have happy smiling faces around you. Alone this magnetism will attract your happiness from inside of you, and it will emerge.
What about all the sadness in the world? All the unhappy people? One comes face to face with such situations daily.
Try and do something for some of the people you meet, so that they can see a way out of their predicament. The good Karma will go a long way to set the groove up inside of you.
It’s that simple?
There’s no formula. The simplest things are also the most difficult ones, because one keeps chasing the complicated stuff. One likes sophistication. Meanwhile, the simple stuff gets washed under the table and one forgets about it. It just gathers dust, till one fine day, one asks the question.
Am I happy?
Oh, that question…
Yes, that question is the trigger. The one that then wants so badly to be happy and remain happy, that’s the one who seeks guidance towards happiness.
Like it’s happening to me here?
Yes, like it’s happening to you.
Well, thanks for that, you’ve been a great help.
No probs. Off with you now, I’ve got stuff to do.